The Magic Bus Youth Development program enhances the employability skills of marginalized youth in India and enables them to pursue productive livelihood choices. It is a crucial part of the journey from childhood to livelihood of each child in the Magic Bus program.
The Youth Development program is aimed at young people between the ages of 17-25 and is a three year program which provides training in spoken English, computer literacy and livelihood skills to enhance their prospects of employment. The program follows a curriculum developed by Magic Bus which includes sessions on self-development, sport as a metaphor for learning, and training on sector-specific jobs, with a focus on entry-level jobs.
Magic Bus provides:
- Sport for development input throughout youth’s journeys into that engages, challenges and inspires individuals through experiential learning.
- High quality Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), career counseling and personal needs assessment that enables youth to understand their options and identify their career goals and associated pathways.
- One to one mentoring across the whole journey that ensures risks of drop out are quickly identified and mitigated.
- Tailored Employability, Leadership and Life Skills training based on youth’s needs.
- Magic Bus led partnerships with vocational training providers and other skills training experts offering the most diverse training menu possible to youth in each locality.
- Pre and post placement support working in close partnership with employers to achieve effective job matching and sustained placements beyond six months.